Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday at the Farm: Ready for Vacation

Today was our last Friday at the therapy center for the month of June. On Tuesday, my mom and I will fly back to Colorado with the kids and I'll stay for 3 weeks.

To keep up with Gwyneth's therapy, here's our "homework" right now for each area:

For Speech Therapy, we are trying to get Gwyn comfortable with some oral motor stimulation which is like a massage around her mouth. The therapist has suggested trying an electric toothbrush or something that vibrates.

For OT, I'll be bringing Gwyn's therapeutic listening headphones with us to continue that program.

For PT, I am bringing the kids swimming gear with the hopes that we can have some time in a pool. Also, we found a wonderful resource in Colorado: a place that sells used adaptive equipment for a very low price. We bought a pediatric reverse walker like the one Gwyn uses at home. So she will have that to walk around with at my parent's house.

Looking forward to a great vacation!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys have a great time and when you get home (and I'm back from Seattle) let's try and get the kids together at the pool. Ethan LOVES being in the water!!

    We did oral stuff for Ethan too and it really helped. It took a bit to get him used to the electric toothbrush but he did eventually. Good luck -- you do such an amazing job with your kids, and it shows!

    ReplyDelete