Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday at the Farm: Prelude to a Busy Day

I missed my update last week because I was recovering from a bad case of Vertigo which started March 4th and is still not completely gone.  My mom came to Georgia to take care of the kids, so she drove us last Friday to Gwyn's therapy appointments.

This week Gwyneth has antibiotic eye drops to deal with because Pink Eye has been going around.  She is just in between the baby/toddler stage of not understanding what is going on, and the kid stage of understanding enough to know that I want her to hold still for the eye drops.  This means there is a lot of squirming and shouting "no!" from her, a lot of pleading and restraining from me, and a lot of extra praise "yay, you did it" "yay, I did it, good job" from both of us when we're done with 2 drops.  But she was in good spirits for Therapy and got through both OT and PT well (no Speech this morning).

We had a very busy Friday today which included Gwyn's 4-year-old pediatrician check-up and our first ever Respite Night experience, so more on those events later...

Gwyn had her 4th birthday last week, but sadly I was confined to bed with Vertigo so we weren't able to officially celebrate.  I also missed the End the Word awareness day on March 7th.
More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment