Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 for 21 This Moment Thursday: PRETEND PLAY

One of Gwyneth's favorite activities at home is to make up pretend conversations with her toys or other objects she finds around the house.  She used to always do this with just her hands, moving them up and down like they were talking to each other.  Now she does it with stuffed animals or markers or other small objects.  She might have a future in puppeteering - maybe even a job on Sesame Street.  :)

The stuffed toy dogs have been her top choice lately and she was playing her pretend scene with one doggy on Monday afternoon when I suggested we have a snack at the table together.  She sat in her booster seat pushed up to the table with the dog in hand while I brought my food and brought her a snack cup full of crackers.  As we ate, she started getting very animated, saying "mmm," "good," and "yummy" to her dog.  Then she decided to pretend that the toy dog was also eating the crackers.  She buried his nose into the snack cup and pretended he was eating.  I started saying, "oh, is the doggy eating crackers?" and she responded with a smile and more doggy eating noises.  She moved the dog's face from the cracker cup and I said then, "Doggy, are those crackers yummy?"  Gwyn moved his head and said "Woof."  I laughed out loud at her serious commitment to the puppeteering.  And she started laughing with me.

It was a very cute scene that I want to remember always.

1 comment: